OK, timer’s on: 15 min to draft, and whatever comes out, comes out.
- Absurdist literary fiction piece published. It’s oh so delicious and weird. It fell out of my head almost fully formed and it’s perfect. Sometimes they do that.
- I have another story with a really cool narrative structure that has been getting lots of compliments and shortlists, but no acceptance yet. I feel really bad for the poor, misunderstood story.
- I have several manuscripts that I have to handle as associate editor. I do not feel like doing it.
- I have several manuscripts that I have to review as a referee. I do not feel like doing it.
- I have two award nominations to assemble and submit by Friday. I like the people this is for, and while I do not feel like doing it, it’s not too bad.
- I have a paper to revise and resubmit. Ugh.
- I have a draft of a first paper (in my group) by my postdoc to review. Ugh.
- Putting it all out there makes it seem daunting. It’s not too much work when I’m motivated and without distractions. Otherwise, ugh.
- I’ve been shopping on Tuesdays, early morning. Last Tuesday, right after opening, the store was pretty crowded. I should probably switch the shopping day.
- Since Starbucks is closed, Nescafe Taster’s Choice instant coffee has been my go-to. I love it. I love it much better than filter coffee from any home coffee machine; all the plastic ruins the taste for me. The instant coffee has been a major contributor to my quarantine happiness. I love you, Nescafe!
- Kids kinda started school this past week, but barely. I guess it’s back for real on Monday. I am dreading having to harangue Middle Boy about his work.
- Kim’s Convenience on Netflix is hilarious and heartwarming. Just finished Season 4. Love, love, love the Kims!
- DH and I watch Ozark. It will fill that Breaking Bad void in your soul, only instead of the scorching yellows and oranges of New Mexico, the whole show is tinted blue and deep green and is soooo scary and delicious. (I feel like I’ve written about it? No time to go back and look. And anyway: Repetitio mater studiorum est.)
- Fizzy water. ❤
How’s your weekend been, blogosphere?